McCall Gardens Community was established in 1956 after six families of people with disabilities approached William McCall, a prominent land owner, looking for accommodation. Moved by the families’ dedication to giving their children a better life, William McCall donated his Box Hill residence and 44 acres of surrounding farmland. His generous bequest gave us a firm base from which to offer a dedicated disability service that focuses on individuals and their families.
At first, the families shared the support activities between themselves. When funding was granted, support staff were employed to help, and the young people went from strength to strength.
As word spread, old trams were purchased and renovated to accommodate more residents. In 1976, we were granted enough funding to build a kitchen and even more accommodation.
In 1997, we established our first Day Service to promote independence, learning opportunities, training and recreation.
Fast-forward to 2014, and we began transitioning all our residents into community homes throughout Western Sydney, where they are very quickly becoming valued members of the local community.
If you would like more information please contact us.