Community Support Worker (Full Time/Part Time/Casual)
Purpose of role:
The role of the Community Support Worker is to actively support and promote the independence of our residents and clients by providing quality services using a person centered approach that focuses on developing the individuals potential and to support them to participate actively within the community and their home.
Team Leader/Coordinator/Service Manager
- McCall Gardens core values of Honesty, Respect, Trust, Innovation and Code of Conduct, guide and support all aspects of the services provided.
- Community Support Workers are employed under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award (SCHADS).
- Community Services have a range of programs operating at varying hours, over seven days per week.
- McCall Gardens Community Support Workers will:
– Work in community homes, drop in support services, respite services, community participation programs, day services etc.
– Work a varied roster of shifts which may include weekends and overnight
- Community Support Worker’s employment is with McCall Gardens, inclusive of all McCall Gardens services.
- Community Support Workers may be requested to support a residents or clients on holiday this could be nationally and or internationally.
Duties and Requirements of the role:
- Provide person centred support, coaching and personal care to people with a disability.
- Assist our residents and/or clients to be involved in activities through active support in all different types of settings.
- Assist our residents and/or clients with their personal care needs as required i.e. health and wellbeing, mealtime, toileting, personal hygiene, medication etc.
- Encourage, support and assist our residents and/or clients to develop and maintain family and community relationships.
- A positive attitude and value set that will support people with a disability to achieve a quality lifestyle.
- Certificate IV in Disability Work or willingness to achieve.
- Ability to use a computer or willing to learn on the job.
- Ability to work varied shifts (24/7 shift work).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Current Drivers Licence and willing to drive varied size vehicles e.g. car and/or 8-12 seater vehicles (standard licence required only).
- Have a criminal record check conducted.
- Have a working visa check conducted (if required only).
For further information about employment opportunities with McCall Garden’s, please call 02 9679 1031 or email us email@example.com, today.